Monday, November 4, 2013

#NaBloPoMo: Post 1: A Day Behind

NaBloPoMo November 2013

Who is your favourite character of all time?

What? You mean I have to pick? Honestly? But they all have their special quirks that make them so special! Alright, let me try...

Image from the author's blog
Grimalkin: Grim comes from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. He is the most awesomely characterized cat I've ever seen because he's so realistically written! I've got five cats myself and I can totally envision one of them acting and saying those very lines.

Grimalkin was waiting for us atop a broken limb at the edge of the tree line, washing his paw with exaggerated nonchalance. “That took longer than I expected.” He yawned as we came up. “I was wondering if I should take a nap, waiting for you.” Giving his paw a final lick, he looked down at us, narrowing his golden eyes. “Anyway, if you two are quite finished, we can move on.”
“Did you know about the Thornguards?” I asked. “And their attack on the Iron Kingdom?”
Grimalkin snorted. Flicking his tail, the cat rose and sauntered along the splintered branch with no explanation. Hopping lightly to an overhead limb, he vanished into the leaves without looking back, leaving Puck and me hurrying to catch up.
And from a non-book media, television, I'm definitely going to pick The Doctor. Yes...THE Doctor....
Doctor Who, which is celebrating its 50 year anniversary on November 23rd, 2013. He is completely my favorite character that is not in a book. Some of the quotes that make him just so spectacular...

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force! 
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual? 
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova. 
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why? 
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!” 

And then there's this one:

“The Doctor: Oh, now what's this, then? I love this. A big, flashy-lighty thing. That's what brought me here. Big, flashy-lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually, but give me time... and a crayon.” 


1 comment: