Published Date: June 27, 2017
Buy It Link: Zondervan
For 15 years, the best-selling NIV True images Bible for Teen Girls has been a trusted resource guiding teen girls ages 13-18 towards a closer relationship with God. Updated for this generation, this new edition is packed with tools and insight to help teens navigate today’s contemporary cultural issues with confidence, love, and grace.
Facing today’s contemporary issues can be difficult, but the NIV True Images Bible gives teen girls a fresh perspective on faith-related issues and provides tools to navigate a complex world. They will ask the big questions, take valuable lessons to heart, and help others do the same.
Beautifully designed from the inside out, this Bible is filled with challenging insights, honest advice, and personal notes helping teen girls build a closer relationship with God as they set out on a personal journey of their world. Following Jesus isn’t unfashionable or illusive. It’s an authentic way of life!
This newly updated edition uses the accurate, readable, and clear NIV translation and includes features strategically designed to empower teen girls in their quest for truth.
- Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version
- 12 Magazine-Style Quizzes that help girls learn more about themselves
- In-depth introductions establish the context of each book in the Old and New Testaments.
- “In Focus” notes explain the Bible’s perspective on contemporary cultural topics such as perfectionism, spiritual growth, eating disorders, pornography, prayer, self-harm, relationships, sex, bullying and popularity on social media
- Over 300 “Genuine” notes focus on the value of authenticity and true inner beauty.
- Over 100 “Love Notes” give opportunities to reflect on God’s love.
- 500 “Dare to Believe” challenges help you discover God’s truth about life and faith.
- 52 “Mirror Images” share the stories of Biblical women.
- “Christianity 101” introduces you to the basics of Christianity
- “Beliefs 101” helps you dig deep into the underlying principles that shape your worldview
My Review: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Can you explain to me why everything marketed towards girls has to be pink? Or frilly? Pink with gray lettering, that's what this Bible is. Here is an example:
|NIV True Images Bible For Girls|
|NIV Revolution Bible for Teen Guys|
Why do we need to continue with these gender stereotypes, and in a Bible? My 11 year old, whom I was hoping to give it to, because I think she might be open to at least doing some of the quizzes, but yeah, she's into dark colors right now. The pink was an immediate turn off for her, and I can see why, I don't like pink either. I think she probably would have liked the Revolution Bible better.
The text is the complete NIV text, with cute little "Love Notes" from God for the girls, and good introductions for each bible chapter, as well as the "In Focus" sections that deal with a few of the modern day issues our pre-teens and teens deal with, like perfectionism, pornography, sex, bullying, online popularity, etc.
Overall, this Bible is just okay for me. I'm not too impressed with it.